Pediatrics at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
Neighborhood Hospital, Exceptional Pediatric Care
When your child is sick or in pain, you want the best possible care close to home. At Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, you have access to top-quality medical care for children in the heart of Chicago’s Lake View neighborhood. With dedicated specialists in 16 areas of pediatric medicine, round-the-clock on-site pediatric hospitalist physicians and the latest in technology, we offer exceptional children’s care you can trust.
Learn more about the comprehensive services we provide for children and families.
Why Choose Us for Pediatrics?
Illinois Masonic Medical Center offers a number of advantages when it comes to caring for children:
- We have highly trained pediatric hospitalists – physicians who specialize in caring for pediatric patients in the hospital. Our pediatric hospitalists are on-site around-the-clock.
- Experienced pediatric primary and specialty care physicians – including physicians who specialize in allergies, cardiovascular conditions, neurology and endocrinology – serve our patients in one convenient location.
- The board-certified neonatologists and perinatologists in our Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Perinatal Center care for critically ill babies and women with high-risk pregnancies.
- We have an on-site Pediatric Developmental Center – the most comprehensive outpatient diagnostic and treatment center for children with special needs in the Chicago area.
- Our pediatric-certified Emergency Department is specially equipped and recognized by the State of Illinois as an ER approved for treating children. We also have several certified pediatric emergency medicine physicians.
- The Child Life Services department provides emotional and physical support for babies, children and teens as well as their families during hospital stays.
- Our pediatric-certified nurses are devoted solely to caring for children. Illinois Masonic Medical Center has achieved Magnet status – a national award for excellence in nursing care.
Specialized Care for Children
We offer access to pediatric medical specialists offering expert care in the following areas:
- Developmental pediatrics
- Emergency medicine
- Infectious diseases
- Pediatric surgery
- Pulmonary medicine
Our pediatric surgical specialties include:
- Ear, nose, throat
- General surgery
- Plastic surgery
Find a pediatric specialist.
Meet Our Care Team
The pediatrics team at Illinois Masonic Medical Center is committed to providing exceptional, family-centered care for children. Our pediatricians are here around-the-clock to serve you and your family.
Meet our team of pediatric experts.