- The proposed center for advanced care will allow Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center to enhance its Digestive Health, Ambulatory Surgery and Cancer Care services.
- The new building will serve as an outpatient facility, open from 7 am to 7 pm, Monday through Friday.
- The center for advanced care will be attached to the main hospital building across Nelson Street, creating easy access throughout the hospital.
- The building is being designed using materials consistent and compatible with the character of the neighborhood and appropriate for a world-class, contemporary medical facility. We are evaluating and considering materials used throughout the Lake View neighborhood and Illinois Masonic Medical Center.
- We will be building green and seeking Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification.
- Two green roofs will be incorporated into the proposed design
Medical Campus Improvements
Following the demolition of the Shirts on Sheffield building near the corner of Sheffield and Nelson, the hospital will begin improvements to the parking lot and landscaping.