Advanced Urogynecologic Care
The experienced professionals at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center offer a wide range of services and advanced treatments for urogynecologic conditions — in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Our physicians are skilled at diagnosing problems and are equipped with advanced technology to offer the best options for treatment.
Our goal is to provide patients with the counseling and resources necessary to make informed decisions regarding their treatment options.
Our comprehensive services include:
- Treatments for pelvic floor disorders, incontinence and other bladder and bowel control issues
- Urodynamic evaluation (study of urinary function)
- Biofeedback (use of sensors to study muscle control)
- Behavioral techniques, such as bladder training and fluid and diet management
- Pelvic exercises to strengthen pelvic floor muscles
- Medical devices, such as urethral inserts and pessaries to prevent leakage
- Interventional treatments, such as bulking agents, botulinum toxin (Botox) injections into the bladder muscles and neuromodulation therapy (InterStim®)
- Reconstructive surgery and sling procedures for bladder support
- Minimally invasive robotic surgery (with the da Vinci® Surgical System) and laparoscopy
We specialize in and helped pioneer minimally invasive procedures that help patients recover faster with better outcomes. Our minimally invasive urogynecologic procedures include:
- Hysterectomy (uterus removal)
- Myomectomy (uterine fibroid removal)
- Pyeloplasty (removal of blockages in the upper urinary system)
- Pelvic organ prolapse repair
- Tumor removal
- Urethral implants and urinary diversion procedures
- Reconstructive and gynecologic surgery
- Cosmetic vaginal (labiaplasty, vaginoplasty)
- Treatment for kidney stones
- Dietary changes
To learn more, for help finding a physician or to schedule an appointment, call 1.800.3.ADVOCATE (1.800.323.8622). You can also find a physician and request an appointment online.
Physicians: To refer a patient, call 773.296.7300.