Advanced Urologic Care
The experienced professionals at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center offer a wide range of services and advanced treatments for urologic conditions — in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Our physicians are skilled at diagnosing problems and are equipped with advanced technology to offer the best options for treatment.
Our goal is to provide patients with the counseling and resources necessary to make informed decisions regarding their treatment options.
Urologic Conditions We Treat
Learn more about urologic conditions at our Health Encyclopedia.
Urologic Treatments We Offer
Our comprehensive services include:
- Treatments for prostate conditions, pelvic floor disorders, incontinence and other bladder and bowel control issues
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)/enlarged prostate treatments
- Urodynamic evaluation (study of urinary function)
- Biofeedback (use of sensors to study muscle control)
- Behavioral techniques, such as bladder training and fluid and diet management
- Cystoscopy (use of small camera to examine the inside of the bladder)
- Pelvic exercises to strengthen pelvic floor muscles
- Interventional treatments, such as bulking agents, botulinum toxin (Botox) injections into the bladder muscles and neuromodulation therapy (InterStim®)
- Reconstructive surgery and sling procedures for bladder support
- Medical and surgical treatment for sexual dysfunction and impotence
- Penile prosthetics
- Reconstructive surgery
- Minimally invasive robotic surgery (with the da Vinci® Surgical System) and laparoscopy
We specialize in and helped pioneer minimally invasive procedures that help patients recover faster with better outcomes. Our minimally invasive urologic procedures include:
- Vasectomy (surgical procedure for male sterilization)
- Nephrectomy (kidney removal)
- Prostatectomy (prostate gland removal)
- Pyeloplasty (removal of blockages in the upper urinary system)
- Tumor removal
- Urethral implants and urinary diversion procedures
- Treatment for cancers of the bladder, kidneys, prostate and adrenal glands, testes, urethra, ureter and penis
We specialize in nerve-sparing surgical techniques that allow men to regain erectile function after surgery for prostate cancer.
- External beam radiation
- Radiofrequency ablation of kidney tumors
- Surgery, including minimally invasive and laparoscopic procedures
- Immunotherapy for advanced cancer
- Reconstructive and gynecologic surgery
- Treatment for kidney stones
- Dietary changes
To learn more, for help finding a physician or to schedule an appointment, call 1.800.3.ADVOCATE (1.800.323.8622). You can also find a physician and request an appointment online.
Physicians: To refer a patient call 773.296.7159.