In offering their time and talents, volunteers make significant contributions to the care we provide at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center. We greatly appreciate our volunteers and truly desire to see them learn and grow. Our volunteer program coordinators work diligently with our volunteers to place them in areas that match their talents, interests and objectives. The goal of the Volunteer Office is to match the needs of the hospital with the objectives of the volunteers.
General Volunteer Program
The General Volunteer Program will be hosting an open house in the Volunteer Office on Saturday, November 9 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. If you are interested in learning more about volunteering at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, please stop by. Light refreshments will be served.
Pre-Health Volunteer Program
The Illinois Masonic Medical Center Pre-Health Volunteer Program is geared toward individuals interested in pursuing medical careers. As a volunteer, you will be provided with clinical opportunities, patient interaction and exposure to a hospital setting. In addition to providing wayfinding services for patients and visitors, you will also receive opportunities to work in clinical settings. Volunteers are leaders and often the first people to greet patients or visitors entering the hospital.
Volunteers are scheduled in four-hour timeslots throughout the day. The earliest available daily timeslot is 6 to 10 a.m., and the latest timeslot is 2 to 6 p.m. You must be able to commit to at least one four-hour time slot on a weekly basis to be considered for participation. New volunteers are not allowed to sign up for weekend or evening shifts.
If you are interested in joining the pre-health program beginning in January 2014, please follow the steps listed below.
- Call the hospital’s Employee Health department (773-296-5486) to schedule an appointment. Please note you must bring the Volunteer Immunization form, pages 4 & 5 of the Wayfinding Packet, to your appointment.
- You must have made your first visit to Employee Health by Saturday, January 18th to participate in the winter volunteer program.
- Email Bill Ryan at William.Ryan@advocatehealth.com and request a copy of the Winter Wayfinding information packet. The Winter Wayfinding Packet is a volunteer training manual which includes the following:
- Hospital overview
- Pre-health program overview
- Employee Health clearance form
- Navigational information regarding the medical campus
- Customer Service Information (AIDET)
- Self guided test & tour
- Print the Wayfinding Packet and bring it with you to hospital. Complete the self-guided tour and online test. You can complete the test and tour between the hours 9am-3pm any day of the week and do not need to schedule an appointment. When you arrive at the hospital check-in with a Guest Services associate and inform them that you are here to complete your self-guided test and tour before orientation.
- You must have completed the self-guided tour before attending orientation on Saturday, January 18th from 10am-12pm.
Please note - this is the only new volunteer orientation scheduled for the Winter Semester.
For more information, please see our Frequently Asked Questions pages for each of our volunteer programs:
General Volunteer Program: Frequently Asked Questions
Pre-Health Volunteer Program: Frequently Asked Questions