When you choose Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center for urogynecology, you have access to experienced, compassionate professionals and innovative care for conditions of the urinary tract and pelvic floor disorders in women.
Expertise You Can Trust for a Better Quality of Life
- An experienced team of board-certified physicians at Advocate Medical Group – Chicago Urogynecology, with a reputation for clinical excellence, innovation and collaborative care
- Physicians who serve as faculty of the University of Illinois College of Medicine and teach the next generation of urogynecologists through our residency programs in urogynecology and pelvic prolapse and other specialties
- Physicians who have pioneered advances in urogynecology, including Abraham Shashoua, MD, who performed the first single-incision laparoscopic and robotic hysterectomies in Chicago
- Specially trained professionals known for their sensitivity, compassion and confidentiality in helping patients deal with painful, sometimes embarrassing conditions – our physicians and staff are multilingual and sensitive to all sexual orientations, gender identities and cultural values
- Services available in comfortable, welcoming inpatient and outpatient settings
Innovative Care Using the Least Invasive Treatments Methods
- Full continuum of urogynecologic care, including leading-edge diagnostic tools and treatment options for a wide range of conditions
- Our commitment to using minimally invasive treatment methods, including robotic surgery and laparoscopic procedures and to sparing organs and nerves as much as possible during surgery
- A dedication to working closely with patients to select the best treatment methods available to achieve their desired outcome
- Innovative treatments, such as:
Quality You Expect
- Nationally recognized physicians – listed among U.S. News Media Group’s 2011 Top Doctors
- Abraham Shashoua, MD, named by Chicago magazine as a Top Doctor for Women in Chicago for 2011
- Illinois Masonic Medical Center ranked one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals in 2010, 2011 and 2012 by Thomson Reuters and one of the best hospitals by in Chicago in 2011 by U.S.News & World Report
- Recognized with Magnet status — a national award for excellence in nursing care
To learn more, for help finding a physician or to schedule an appointment, call 1.800.3.ADVOCATE (1.800.323.8622). You can also find a physician and request an appointment online.
Physicians: To refer a patient, call 773.296.7300.