Your birth experience is the primary focus of our obstetrics team. Whether you prefer to give birth in a hospital atmosphere or a home-like setting, our experienced physicians and nurse-midwives can help you bring your child into this world safely.
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center has been nationally recognized as a Magnet hospital for nursing excellence.
- Many of our nurses have received national certifications, demonstrating their a commitment to their patients and their profession.
- We consistently receive high scores on patient satisfaction surveys.
- Illinois Masonic Medical Center was voted one of the Best Places to Deliver a Baby in the Chicago Reader’s Best of Chicago Poll, 2010.
- Our physicians have appeared on Chicago magazine’s list of Chicago’s Top Doctors for Women.
- Our comfortable, state-of-the-art labor and delivery rooms are equipped with sleeper sofas for spouses and support partners, free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs and DVD players.
- We support all types of birthing experiences. Illinois Masonic Medical Center has been named an LGBT Healthcare Leader by the Human Rights Campaign.
- Our Alternative Birthing Center allows family members to experience the birth in a home-like setting at the hospital.
- Our recently accredited Healthy Families program provides teen mothers with education and support.
- We offer a range of classes, including Lamaze, breastfeeding and yoga.
Alternative Birthing Options
- Some women with low-risk pregnancies can give birth on a queen-sized bed surrounded by loved ones under the care of their physician or a nurse-midwife in our Alternative Birthing Center.
- Our nurse-midwifery program is the oldest in Chicago and remains one of the city’s largest.
- Our certified nurse-midwives (CNMs) work with our obstetricians to provide complete prenatal, labor, postpartum and well-gynecological care.
Advanced Support for High-Risk Births
- Our Antenatal Resource Center provides state-of-the-art testing to anticipate and solve potential pregnancy issues.
- Mothers who require hospitalization prior to labor or who experience post-labor complications receive special care in our Perinatal Surveillance Unit.
- Specially designed high-risk obstetrical suites are fully equipped for multiple births, Caesarian births and birth complications.
- Our one-to-one nurse:patient ratio provides excellent labor support.
- Board-certified neonatologists are on site 24/7 in our Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- Our High-Risk Infant Follow-Up Care Unit offers monitoring and care for infants with possible developmental or neurological issues.
- For transfers of high-risk women and babies from other hospitals to Illinois Masonic Medical Center, we offer transport teams and services.
Convenient Location on the North Side of Chicago
- Located at Wellington Avenue and Halsted Street in Lake View
- Ample on-campus parking
- Short walk from the Wellington L station and CTA buses
To schedule a tour or make an appointment with an obstetrician, call 1.800.3.ADVOCATE (1.800.323.8622).
You can also find a physician and request an appointment online.