Overview of Research at Advocate
The mission of the Advocate Research Department is to enhance the quality of care and improve health outcomes for our patients, their families, and our communities
- Using the tools and products of research
- Promoting multidisciplinary, lifelong learning.
Specifically this means:
- We work side-by-side with investigators to plan, implement, analyze, and report on research studies
- We are a central resource that coordinates efforts, identifies resources, and provides support services.
We believe that the clearest way to achieve this mission is to partner with our fellow physicians, associates, affiliates, and students in a manner that:
- Builds upon clinical enterprise (rather than doing research separately from clinical activities),
- Plays to our strengths which is our size and the volume and diversity of patients we treat (focuses on quality of care/translation, informatics, access to diverse patient population)
- Elicits multiple utilities for a single action (meets the needs of research, medical education, quality improvement).
Two Foci of Advocate Research
Contact us at 630.929.6129 or email@example.com with any questions you may have.