Comprehensive Services, Clinical Excellence,
Compassion and Continuity of Care
The Audiology and Hearing Instrument Program at Advocate Children's Hospital - Park Ridge combines clinical excellence with compassionate care in providing diagnostic, counseling and hearing aid dispensing services. We emphasize early and accurate diagnosis and take pride in promoting a well-organized, high quality, cost effective environment for all our patients and their families.
- Follow-up for infants who did not pass their newborn hearing screening. Works with the state agencies of Public Health and Division of Specialized Care for Children for tracking and funding assistance.
- Utilizes state-of-the-art physiological techniques, including Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR), Auditory Steady State Response (ASSR), Otoacoustic Emissions (OAE), tympanometry, and middle ear muscle reflexes in order to evaluate hearing disorders.
- Specializes in the "difficult-to-test" and very young child. Our success rate in obtaining accurate test results makes us a referral source of choice for pediatric diagnostics.
- Participates on many multidisciplinary teams where hearing assessment is performed on children with a variety of medical and developmental needs, including Neonatal Developmental Follow-up, Cleft Palate, Martha Washington, Down Syndrome and School Age clinics.
- Dispenses a variety of hearing aids, from entry level to the most advanced signal processing. This allows us to meet children's hearing needs within the financial needs of the family.
- Assists families with medical, educational, and financial referrals. Accepts state funding from Children and Family Connections, Division of Specialized Care for Children, and Medicaid for evaluations and hearing aids.
A written order from a licensed physician is required for all hearing and hearing aid evaluations. Advocate Children's Hospital accepts many insurances. Audiology services are available Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 6:30 PM., and Saturdays 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Please call 847.723.7500 to schedule an appointment