Because of the nature of the medical setting, the Child Life program cannot provide you with the exact number of pediatric patients that will be in the hospital on the day of your gift donation. We will be happy to give you an estimated count for donation planning. However, it is important to remember the number of patients can often change significantly overnight as new patients are continually admitted to the hospital and others are discharged.
In addition, children also receive care on an outpatient basis in many other areas of the hospital. You may wish to include these children in your gift donation. When making a donation, please specify where you would like your gifts distributed. Our outpatient units and clinics include:
- Ambulatory Surgery
- Emergency Room
- Yacktman Children's Pavilion
- Pediatric Therapies physical therapy/ occupational therapy/speech therapy
- Developmental Clinic
- Diagnostic Clinic (radiology - x-ray, phlebotomy - blood drawing/nuclear medicine, ultrasound, etc.).
- Primary Pediatric Clinic (For preventive care and treatment of illness)
- Pediatric Subspecialty Clinics (cancer, cystic fibrosis, cardiology, etc.)
Please note: All gifts should remain unwrapped for easy identification and distribution among appropriate ages and gender. If resources allow, consider having a few extra gifts on hand for siblings visiting at the hospital.
Suggested number of gifts per age group:
Newborn (0-3 months)
Infant (4 mos.-1 year)
Toddler (1-2 years)
Preschool (3-4 years)
School Age (5-9 years)
Preteen (9-13 years)
Teen (14-17 years)
Young Adult (18-25 years)
To speak with a Child Life Specialist directly about a donation, please call 847.723-PLAY (7529) and select option #1.