Occupational therapy (OT) provides evaluation and treatment to improve children's functional performance in fine motor skills, motor planning and coordination, activities of daily living (including feeding, dressing, play and schoolwork), and sensory processing.
Our therapists have expertise in:
- Aquatic Therapy
- upper extremity splinting
- Neurodevelopmental treatment (NDT)
- Therapeutic Taping
- Sensory Integration treatment
- Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES)
- Spasticity Management
- Adaptations for positioning and activities of daily living
- Therapeutic Listening
- Sequential oral sensory approach to feeding
Our highly experienced OT staff are trained in pediatric neurodevelopmental treatment and advanced treatment of sensory integrative dysfunction. We have a strong interdisciplinary and family centered approach to treatment. Our staff has participated in research of the motor development and treatment of high risk infants. We are involved in the training of students and resident physicians, and provide education to the community. Our OT staff have strong relationships with other disciplines and physicians in the clinic settings at Advocate Children's Hospital - Park Ridge.