The pediatric cardiovascular surgery program at Advocate Children's Hospital - Park Ridge offers the latest in surgical treatments for congenital heart disease and acquired heart disease for children of all ages, from newborns to adolescents. Our team of renowned pediatric cardiac surgeons has trained at leading-edge medical institutions and performs nearly half of all pediatric cardiovascular surgical procedures in the Chicagoland area. Surgery team members also include dedicated physician assistants and nurses with advanced training in the care of children with cardiovascular disorders.
Our expansive surgical capabilities cover the full scope of cardiac conditions, including:
- Neonatal cardiac surgery: newborns with complex lesions, such as hypoplastic left heart syndrome, and various types of transposition of the great arteries are routinely treated.
- Reconstructive surgery for congenital tracheal abnormalities
- Surgery for complex lesions in children, with innovative approaches that aim to give children a long-lasting cure
- Support of failing hearts and lungs with extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)
- Surgery, in conjunction with highly specialized cardiac electrophysiology procedures for abnormal heart rhythm
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
On-Site Pre-Surgical Tour
Your Child's Stay
Children's Health Resource Center
A Continuum of Care
Advocate Children's Hospital offers a complete continuum of cardiovascular care, from pre- and post-operative consultation to rehabilitation, along with a comprehensive range of subspecialty and outpatient services. Specialty clinics are conveniently located in the Yacktman Children's Pavilion-a child-friendly outpatient facility adjoining the hospital.