Welcome to the Advocate Lutheran General Adult Day Hospital-Intensive Outpatient Program. The Adult Day Hospital-Intensive Outpatient Program is in its 46th year commitment with providing excellent behavioral health services and patient care to the Chicago community. We want to commend you for your courage and willingness to take responsibility for your own recovery. Making the decision to participate in the program is an indication of your willingness to be an active participant with your treatment plan and recovery process. The program will be a significant support to help you bring stability to an acute episode of mental illness/behavioral health issues. The Adult Day Hospital-Intensive Outpatient Program will also be used to prevent hospitalization to an inpatient psychiatric unit or as a continuation of treatment following an inpatient hospitalization.
The main purpose of the Adult Day Hospital-Intensive Outpatient Program is to provide short term intensive treatment in order to:
- Stabilize acute symptoms of your mental illness/behavioral health issues;
- Improve your functioning of daily living;
- Increase your understanding of mental illness/behavioral health issues;
- Improve your coping skills to maintain optimal behavioral health;
- To link you with community supports in order for you to continue to make gains you made while in our program in an outpatient setting.
The Adult Day Hospital-Intensive Outpatient Program multidisciplinary team consists of:
- A Supervisor
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers-Master of Social Work
- Registered Nurse-Master of Science Psychiatric Nurse
- Occupational Therapist-Master of Science
- Chaplain-Master of Divinity
- Administrative Assistant.
The multidisciplinary team has advanced training in the field of behavioral health. The Adult Day Hospital-Intensive Outpatient Program consists of group therapies which involve:
- treatment goal setting group
- group psychotherapy
- psychological-education group
- occupational therapy group
- expressive therapy group
- copings skills building group
- medication education group
- relaxation group.
During your treatment in the Adult Day Hospital-Intensive Outpatient Program, you will have a Case Manager. The Case Manager will meet with you to provide individual and family psychotherapy. The individual and family psychotherapy session(s) will be scheduled with your Case Manager. Your Case Manager will be coordinating your care in collaboration with you discussing your desired goals for treatment, giving you feedback on your progress toward your desired goals and assisting you with creating a discharge plan. Further, your Case Manager will have regular contact with you, your doctor, and out-patient psychotherapist as well as provide any required updates with your insurance company. If you do not have an outpatient psychotherapist, your Case Manager and Psychiatrist will assist you with finding a therapist.