Our Audiologists at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital offer a wide range of diagnostic, hearing aid and assistive listening device dispensing and counseling services to patients of all ages. With Masters or Clinical Doctorate degrees in Audiology, our Audiologists are well-qualified to assist you in addressing your specific needs.
We offer many specialized services, including:
- Audiological/Hearing Assessment - comprehensive hearing evaluations on adults and children
- Hearing Instrument/Aid program - assistance with hearing aid selection, fitting, repairs and services for many types of hearing aids; hearing aids are dispensed with a 30-day trial period
- Pediatric Hearing Assessment - comprehensive pediatric diagnostic testing on infants and children, including:
- Auditory Brainstem Response testing (non-sedated and sedated)
- Auditory Steady State Response (ASSR)
- Otoacoustic emissions (OAE) testing
- Behavioral/visual reinforcement audiometry
- Our Audiologists are credentialed Early Intervention (EI) and Division of Specialized Care for Children (DSCC) Providers
- Balance Testing - Electronystagmography (ENG) and/or videonystagmography (VNG) testing for patient with vertigo, dizziness or balance disorders
Our Audiologists also work with families to facilitate an understanding of hearing loss and to manage the impact on daily living.
Do you experience any of the following:
- People sound muffled or like they are mumbling
- Difficulty hearing in noise
- Ringing or hissing sounds in your ears (tinnitus)
- Frequently asking people to repeat themselves
- Family members notice a hearing loss
Our Audiologists can help. We assess patients with the above symptoms and offer individualized evaluations to obtain an accurate diagnosis. If amplification is recommended we dispense a variety of hearing aids, from entry level to the most advanced signal processing. This also includes the latest blue0tooth compatible hearing aids as an option.
What you can expect
- A detailed and individualized hearing or balance evaluation
- An in-depth explanation of your audiological results and recommendations
Lutheran General Hospital
Outpatient Rehabiliation Services at Parkside
on the campus of Lutheran General Hospital
1875 Dempster Street Ste, G10
Park Ridge, IL 60068
Call 847.723.7500 to schedule an appointment.