Did you know:
- There are 10 million American men and women age 50 and over who have osteoporosis and another 34 million at risk for this disease
- Of the 10 million, 80% are women and 20% are men
- One in two women and one in four men age 50 and over are at risk of suffering an osteoporosis-related fracture in their lifetime
Physical Therapists at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital are specially trained to take into account your bone density when developing your program.
Have you been diagnosed with:
- Vertebral fractures
Our Osteoporosis Rehabilitation therapists can help. They will evaluate your condition with you, discuss the results of testing, and develop a personalized treatment plan to improve your functional mobility and minimize your bothersome symptoms.
What you can expect:
- A detailed and individualized evaluation, during which you and your therapist will determine what it is you want to achieve in therapy,
- customized interventions to improve your ability to perform activities of daily living, and to help you reach your goals, and
- periodic reassessment to ensure that your goals are being met
Treatment sessions consist of:
- Safe exercise program to strengthen muscles, improve posture and balance, relieve pain, and improve overall quality of life and function
- Instruction in correct body mechanics for work and daily activities to avoid excessive strain to the spine that can lead to fractures
- Safety precautions to prevent falls in the home and outside. Prevention of falls prevent fractures.
- An individualized home program
Lutheran General Hospital
Outpatient Rehabiliation Services at Parkside
on the campus of Lutheran General Hospital
1875 Dempster Street Ste, G10
Park Ridge, IL 60068
Call 847.723.7500 to schedule an appointment.