Women can experience special challenges to their health at different times in their life; to best address these problems, we have developed several specialty programs:
- Pelvic Health Rehabilitation Program - this includes treatment for:
- Bladder symptoms such as urinary incontinence, frequency, and urgency
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Pelvic pain, including pain with intercourse
- Bowel symptoms such as anal incontinence, urgency, and muscle incoordination that can lead to constipation
- Pregnancy and Post - Partum Rehabilitation - this includes treatment for:
- Low back pain
- Sacroiliac joint pain and dysfunction
- Pubic symphysis pain
- Nerve compression or irritation, such as sciatica and piriformis syndrome
- Scar care following episiotomy or c-section
- Osteoporosis Program - learn correct body mechanics and safe exercises to strengthen muscles, improve posture and balance, relieve pain, and improve overall quality of life and function.
Physical Therapists at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital can help you meet the musculoskeletal challenges you may face throughout your lifespan.
What you can expect:
- A detailed and individualized evaluation, during which you and your Physical Therapist will determine what it is you want to achieve in therapy,
- customized interventions to improve your ability to perform activities of daily living, and to help you reach your goals, and
- periodic reassessment to ensure that your goals are being met and/or make changes to the treatment plan.
Lutheran General Hospital
Outpatient Rehabiliation Services at Parkside
on the campus of Lutheran General Hospital
1875 Dempster Street Ste, G10
Park Ridge, IL 60068
Call 847.723.7500 to schedule an appointment.