Advocate Lutheran General Hospital Stem Cell/Bone Marrow Transplant Program was initiated in 1991 and is committed to exploring newer, more effective cancer treatments to promote quality of life and improve health. The program is dedicated to bringing innovative, state-of-the-art options to cancer patients in a safe and effective environment. Many of today's best chemotherapy agents were available to Lutheran General patients' years earlier because of the hospital's clinical trials.
- Accredited by the Foundation for the Accreditation fo Cellular Therapy (FACT).
- Member of international Bone Marrow Transplant Registry (IBMTR).
- Accredited with National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP).
- Approved by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons.
- The Apheresis Center is the only facility of its kind in the northwest suburbs.