When it comes to cancer care, you want to be in the best hands with the most experience. At Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, we provide some of the most advanced diagnostic and treatment options available to tackle even the rarest cancers.
Our multispecialty team approach to treating brain and spine tumors involves medical, radiation and surgical oncologists, neurosurgeons, neurologists and neuroradiologists who are both experts and educators in their fields. The program also features specially trained nurses and other highly trained specialists, including our American Cancer Society (ACS) Patient Navigation Services.
Nationally recognized Midwest Children’s Brain Tumor Center at Advocate Children’s Hospital - Park Ridge offers a family-centered, interdisciplinary approach designed to improve the future of children with brain tumors. Staffed by some of Chicago Magazine’s “Top Doctors” in neurosurgery, the Center combines cutting-edge technologies with advanced procedures to provide the very best care to young patients.
We offer patients a unique advantage in fighting their brain, neck, spine and pituitary tumors through our specialty services:
- Center for Advanced Care is a state-of-the-art outpatient imaging and treatment center, where patients have access to cutting-edge treatment options and emerging technologies in cancer care.
- Center for Advanced Imaging is located within the Center for Advanced Care and offers some of the most advanced diagnostic imaging for detecting tumors.
- Physicians at Advocate Lutheran General lead numerous Clinical Trials/Research Protocols, providing new hope for patients who have exhausted traditional treatments.
- Cancer Wellness Center provides patients ongoing support through a comprehensive schedule of classes. Opportunities to meet and socialize with other patients offer the reassurance that you are not alone.
At Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, we also offer some of the most advanced and unique technologies, including:
- Our intraoperative computed tomography (CT) capabilities make it possible for surgeons to have much better vision and precision during surgery.
- We are the only hospital in Chicago to offer intraoperative magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), which allows surgeons to pinpoint the exact location of a brain tumor during surgery, resulting in safer, more accurate surgeries.
- Lutheran General Hospital is the first hospital in Illinois and among a handful in the nation to offer Time-of-Flight PET/CT. This breakthrough technology produces higher quality images, which means more accuracy in determining tumor size and aggressiveness.
- The CyberKnife® Radiosurgery System at Lutheran General Hospital treats spine and brain tumors with submillimeter accuracy and offers a viable option for patients whose cancers are otherwise considered "inoperable."
- Our image-guided surgery capabilities ensure more accuracy and better outcomes.
To make an initial appointment, consultation, a second opinion or to refer a patient to the Neurosciences Institute at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, please call us at 1.800.3.ADVOCATE (1.800.323.8622).