At Advocate Lutheran General Hospital and Advocate Children’s Hospital - Park Ridge, we know that female victims who speak to a health care professional about their abuse are four times more likely to take advantage of intervention services and nearly three times more likely to leave an abusive relationship.
That’s why we give every patient the opportunity to report domestic violence, regardless of their reason for being at the hospital. Nurses ask about physical and emotional abuse as part of every preliminary assessment. Social workers are available on every unit to speak with the patients and evaluate whether domestic violence is an issue. Our central access team of psychologists and social workers are available seven days a week in the emergency room.
We also provide referrals to community resources for victims of domestic violence:
- Life Span (Des Plaines): 847.824.4454
- Mujeres Latinas en Accion (Chicago): 312.738.5358
- Sarah’s Inn (Oak Park): 708.386.4225
- WINGS (Palatine): 847.221.5680
- Korean Women in Need (Chicago): 773.583.0880
- Polish American Association (Chicago): 773.282.8206