Are you having difficulty performing any of your daily living activities? Occupational Therapy Services can help you regain the use of your hands and arms following a traumatic or repetitive injury, an orthopedic or neurological disorder, or a chronic or congenital condition. Occupational therapists use a wide range of techniques to address pain, soft tissue limitations, loss of motion, weakness, and decreased coordination that can help to improve your overall function and quality of life.
Have you been diagnosed with:
- Upper extremity fractures or dislocations
- Tendon repairs or transfer surgery
- Chronic or acute upper extremity pain
- Pre and/or post-surgical rehab
- Work injuries
- Traumatic/crush injuries
- Tendonitis/repetitive strain injuries, including Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Nerve compressions/surgical releases
- Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Systemic conditions such as multiple sclerosis
Our Occupational Therapists provide occupational therapy services to patients of all ages, and offer individualized treatment to help you reach your goals. Our qualified staff include a Certified Hand Therapist, as well as Certified Lymphedema Therapists to help meet your specialized needs.
What You Can Expect
- A detailed and individualized evaluation, during which you and your occupational therapist will determine what it is you want to achieve in therapy,
- customized interventions to improve your ability to perform activities of daily living, and to help you reach your goals, and
- periodic reassessment to ensure that your goals are being met
How to get started
- A physician's prescription is needed to perform your evaluation and start treatment. Please contact our office at 847.723.7500 with any questions or to make an appointment.
Lutheran General Hospital
Outpatient Rehabiliation Services at Parkside
on the campus of Lutheran General Hospital
1875 Dempster Street Ste, G10
Park Ridge, IL 60068
Call 847.723.7500 to schedule an appointment.