At Advocate Lutheran General Hospital we are committed to providing the most advanced, least invasive treatments for men’s pelvic health concerns. Our specially trained physical therapists treat men of all ages who are experiencing urinary incontinence or pelvic pain.
Are you experiencing:
- Accidental leakage of urine during activities such as coughing, sneezing or lifting (stress incontinence), especially common following prostate surgery
- Trouble reaching the toilet in time (urge incontinence), or leakage of urine right after leaving the toilet
- Pain before, during or after urination or bowel movement
- Pain during or after sexual intercourse
- Pelvic pain, such as scrotal and/or penile pain
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, pelvic floor physical therapy may help. As experts in musculoskeletal dysfunction, our specially trained Physical Therapists can help you regain control over your pelvic floor muscles.
For more information regarding our Male Pelvic Health Rehabilitation Program, please click click here.
Ask your doctor if Men’s Pelvic Health Rehabilitation is right for you. Therapists at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital will evaluate your condition, discuss the results of testing, and develop a personalized treatment plan to help improve your symptoms.
What you can expect:
- A detailed and individualized evaluation in a private treatment room
- Customized interventions, which may include biofeedback, bladder/bowel retraining, pelvic floor and core rehabilitation, manual therapy, and individualized exercise programs to rehabilitate the pelvic floor muscles
- Periodic reassessment to ensure that your goals are being met
Lutheran General Hospital
Outpatient Rehabiliation Services at Parkside
on the campus of Lutheran General Hospital
1875 Dempster Street Ste, G10
Park Ridge, IL 60068
Call 847.723.7500 to schedule an appointment.