Advocate Lutheran General Hospital's Registered licensed Dietitians (RD's) provide personalized nutrition counseling according to your prescribed diet, medical history and nutritional goals.
Individual Nutrition Counseling
Individual Nutrition Counseling helps ensure that you receive a customized meal plan based on your specific health condition and preferences. During this session, you will learn how to eat healthier and still enjoy your favorite foods!
Scheduling an Appointment
Please contact your physician for an order, including a diagnosis, and then call Central Scheduling at 847.723.5050. Nutrition counseling is provided by our Registered Dietitians within the Food and Nutrition Department at Lutheran General Hospital.
Nutrition Counseling Topics Include:
- Cholesterol, triglyceride and/or blood pressure reduction
- Eating Disorders
- Food allergies or intolerances
- Gastrointestinal Nutrition
-Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
-Irritable Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Geriatric Nutrition
-Eating difficulties and aging
-Healthy eating for seniors
- Healthy eating for families
- Infant/Children's Nutrition
- Nutritional Management of Diabetes
-Diabetes during pregnancy (Gestational Diabetes)
-Type I and Type II Diabetes
- Prenatal Nutrition
- Weight management for adults and children: weight loss or weight gain