Diagnostic imaging equipment at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital features some of the latest technology available, including:
- 64-slice CT scanner-The Philips Brilliance® 64-channel configuration breaks through previous boundaries in CT imaging, providing large volume, thin-slice coverage to improve diagnostic confidence, image quality and productivity. A complex scanner that provides high resolution images or views of any area of the body. Its many uses include cardiac angiography and bone mineral analysis to screen for osteoporosis.
- 1.5 Tesla MRI-A Philips Achieva® 1.5 T unit provides advanced applications in all areas of clinical imaging. The system is equipped to provide for reduced scan times and increased image resolution, enabling a new dimension in intelligent MR and maximizing imaging speed, quality, breadth of applications and future versatility.
- 3-D Ultrasound-GE LOGIQ® 9, a premium ultrasound system, enables us to comfortably acquire and construct volumetric images in real time, then interrogate the images in any plane to explore the smallest details with stunning clarity. Advanced equipment that provides extremely clear three-dimensional pictures of the inside of any area the body.
- Digital Radiography-X-ray equipment that captures images like a digital camera. Digital radiography uses less radiation, is extremely fast and provides clearer images for improved accuracy. It also has the capability of adjusting image contrast for better views without subjecting a patient to more radiation.
- Digital Mammography-Uses the lowest amount of radiation possible to produce accurate pictures of the breasts.
- Mammotome® Breast Biopsy System-A cutting edge, hand-held biopsy device used in conjunction with ultrasound. The Mammotome requires a single, tiny incision, obtains better samples during biopsy, and enables more accurate results and earlier diagnosis of breast cancer.
- Nuclear Medicine Camera-A high resolution camera that provides three-dimensional images of the body and internal organs.
For more information or to schedule and appointment for a diagnostic test ordered by your physician,