Speech Therapy addresses problems of swallowing, speech-language and/or voice. These problems can result from such conditions as stroke, various neurological and medical diseases, head and neck cancer, or vocal cord paralysis/nodules/polyps. Our Speech Pathologists have been certified in specialized diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, including:
- Vital Stimulation - a type of electrical stimulation therapy for swallowing disorders
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment - for Parkinson's disease and other neuromuscular disorders of speech
- Videofluoroscopy - specialized diagnostic assessment for swallowing disorders
- F.E.E.S. - fiberoptic endoscopic evaluation of swallowing
- Videostroboscopic examination of the larynx - for voice disorders
- Acoustic assessment of the voice via Visipitch computerized analysis.
- Alaryngeal Speech for Laryngectomy patients
Have you been diagnosed with:
- Speech disorder
- Language disorder
- Cognitive communication disorder
- Voice disorder
- Swallowing disorder (dysphagia)
Our Speech Pathologists can help. We see patients with the above diagnoses, and offer individualized treatment to help you reach your goals.
What you can expect.
- After a detailed history is taken, an individualized and comprehensive evaluation is completed by the Speech Pathologist.
- Communication or Swallowing Diagnosis is made.
- If therapy is indicated, the patient and the Speech Pathologist will determine what you can expect to achieve in therapy.
- Customized interventions to help you reach your communication or swallowing goals.
How to get started
- A physician's prescription is needed to perform your evaluation and start treatment. Please contact our office at 847.723.7500 with any questions or to make an appointment.
Lutheran General Hospital
Outpatient Rehabiliation Services at Parkside
on the campus of Lutheran General Hospital
1875 Dempster Street Ste, G10
Park Ridge, IL 60068
Call 847.723.7500 to schedule an appointment.