Treatments & Procedures
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital offers a wide range of leading edge treatments to address a full spectrum of heart and vascular conditions. Our physicians and staff are experts at cardiovascular care and are dedicated to your comfort throughout your treatment. We're here to answer your questions and help you achieve the best possible outcome.
Our cardiovascular treatments and procedures include:
- Advanced coronary angioplasty techniques including stent implantation, rotational atherectomy and chronic total occlusion
- Angioplasty & stenting
- Cardiac ablation
- Coronary brachytherapy
- Coronary rotoblator
- Electrophysiology procedures including epicardial ablations in state-of-the-art facilities
- Advanced electrophysiology procedures such as atrial fibrillation management including complex atrial fibrillation ablations
- Cryo-ablation procedures
- Fraction flow reserve - determines if certain coronary blockages are significant enough to warrant treatment; Lutheran General is the largest user of this technology in Chicagoland.
- Impella device - for patients with massive heart muscle damage requiring artificial support as a life-saving procedure
- Pediatric pulmonic valvuloplasty
- Radial technique - allows access to the heart from the wrist, leading to fewer bleeding complications and earlier discharge following cardiac catheterization procedures