Most residents are involved in at least one if not multiple research and/or QI projects. In 2013 so far, two residents presented at ARRS in Washington DC, one resident presented at the ACR conference in Scottsdale AZ, one resident was published in JVIR and one resident was published in AUR. One resident also produced as the result of a QI project a radiation protocol for pregnant patients to be used by the entire Advocate network.
- Abdominal PE study
- Incidental dissection study
- Incidental dissection study
- Imaging of Pregnant and Potentially Pregnant Adolescents and Children - QI Project with Dr. Kevin Kirshenbaum, December 2010 to present.
- Gajjar M, Pallan P, Gorelick G, Nadimpalli S, Vagvala S, August C. "It's not All Hay Fever. Radiologic Criteria and Differential Diagnosis of Allergic Fungi Sinusitis"
- Hepatic artery variations and technical implications on treatment. Pallan P, et al. Submitted to SIR 2012.
- Percutaneous reconstruction of unpassable large veins. Pallan P, et al. Submitted to SIR 2012.
- Current state of splenic artery interventions. Pallan P, et al. Submitted to SIR 2012.
- Sharma A, Gabriel H, Nayar R, Nemcek A, Du H, Nikolaidis P. Subcentimeter Thyroid Nodules: Utility of Sonography Characterization and Ultrasound-guided Needle Biopsy. American Journal of Roentegenology. Accepted for publication in Dec 2012.
- Sharma A, Patterson B, Herwick S. Radiology preliminary report survey-based study. In progress.
- Shah P, Sharma A, Campbell MB, Prabhakar N. Segmental Arterial Mediolysis: Presentation and Management of a Rare Entity with an Update on the Present Literature. Submitted for SIR 2012.
- ACGME website project and survey projects in progress; Vicarious excretion of contrast bile leak case report in progress.
- Girish G, Saker M, "Systemic Air Embolism as a Complication of Radiofrequency Ablation" Submitted to Radiographics for publication.
- Regmi K, Gidwani G, et al., "The Forgotten Disease - Lernierre's Syndrome" Presented at American College of Physicians Meeting 2010, Chicago, Illinois
- Gidwani G, Zun L. "Age and Gender Factors in fMRI Baseline Hyoperactivity" Presented at Midwest Pain Society Annual Scientific Meeting, 2008, Highland Park, Illinois
- Patel Pritesh, Campbell MB, Kirshenbaum K, Weiss, J. CT Dose Reduction: A Collaborative Interdepartmental Effort. Presented at the ACR Annual Meeting 2011, and at the Advocate Research Forum 2011.
- Patel Pritesh, Carr James, et al. Case Report: Cardiac Amyloidosis in a Patient with Biventricular Compaction
- Patel Pritesh, Kirshenbaum M. Case Report: Pulmonary Splenule Infarct: Unusual Presentation of Sarcoidosis
Vagvala, Sri Preethi
- Vagvala SP, Gajjar M, Nadimpalli SPR, Gorelick G. "Getting Untangled": A Review of Arteriovenous Malformations of the Spine. Educational Exhibit, ASSR Meeting, February 2011. Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Vagvala SP, Thebeau LG, Wilson SR, Morrison LA. Virus-encoded B7-2 Costimulation Molecules Enhance the Protective Capacity of a Replication-Defective Herpes Simples Virus 2 Vaccine in Immunocompetent Mice. Published in Journal of Virology 2009, vol 83:953-960.
- Gajjar M, Keppke AL, Goesel C, Kirshenbaum K, Vagvala SP. A Comprehensive Review of Fibroepithelial and Other Benign Fibrous Lesions of the Breast. Educational Exhibit, RSNA, 2010, McCormick Place, Chicago, Illinois
- Gajjar M, Vagvala SP, Gorelick G. Radiologic Criteria and Differential Diagnosis of Allergic Fungal Sinusitis. Accepted by the American Society of Neuroradiology for presentation at conference in June 2011.
- Gajjar M, Herwick S. A Displaced Os Peroneum with Complete Peroneus Longus Tendon Tear. Accepted - ACR Case-in-Point.
- Gajjar M, Vagvala SP, Malisch T, Gorelick G. "Stop that Ringing in my Ear!" Endovascular Coil Embolization of a Sigmoid Sinus Diverticulum Utilizing Balloon Remodeling Technique.
Goesel, Christopher L
- Gajjar M, Goesel C, Kirshenbaum K et al, A Comprehensive Review of Fibroepithelial and Other Benign Fibrous Lesions of the Breast. 2010 RSNA Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting. November 28-December 3, 2010. McCormick Place, Chicago, IL
- Gajjar M, Goesel C, Kirshenbaum K et al, A Comprehensive Review of Fibroepithelial and Other Benign Fibrous Lesions of the Breast. Contemporary Diagnostic Radiology. Accepted manuscript for upcoming issue.
- Goesel C., Radiologic and Pathologic Correlation of Orbital Lesions. Radiologic/Pathologic Conference, November 2009. Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois Presented.
- Goesel C., Radiologic and Pathologic Correlation of Soft Tissue Masses. Radiologic/Pathologic Conference, April 2009. Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Chiago, Illinois. Presented.
- Kakarla R, Vaghani A, Gorelick G, Nadimpalli SPR, Goesel C. An approach to Laryngeal Pathology: Correlation of Radiologic and Endoscopic Imaging. 2008 RSNA Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting. November 30-December 5, 2008, McCormick Place, Chicago, Illinois. Presented at RSNA 2008 in Chicago, Illinois
- Rana K, Patel Pravin, "Complete Uterine Inversion: An Uncommon Yet Crucial Sonographic Diagnosis." Published Journal of Ultrasound Med., Vol. 28, Issue 12, 1719-1722, December 1, 2009.
- Ginsburg M, Ahmed O, Rana K, Zaritsky M. Ectopic Pancreas Presenting as Pancreatitis and a Mesenteric Mass. Accepted Journal of Pediatric Radiology, May 2011.
- Kirshenbaum M, Rana K. Necrotizing Appendicitis: A Retrospective Review on Specific (??)