All rotations must be arranged directly with the resident coordinator for the appropriate department. Once you have received approval to do a rotation at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center (AIMMC), you will be asked to complete the application packet and return it to the appropriate program coordinator. We recommend you follow-up with the appropriate coordinator to ensure your paperwork has been received and is being processed. If your forms are not received a minimum of four weeks prior to your rotation, YOUR START DATE WILL BE DELAYED or rotation cancelled.
Before you contact any of the residency programs and request an application, please make sure you have the following required documents to submit with your application:
- A valid Illinois temporary license or permanent license with a controlled substance license.
- Copy of your DEA card or a letter from your residency program with information on the hospital issued DEA number.
- Immunization history with:
- TB test completed within the last 12 months. If your TB test expires during your rotation, you can renew the test at AIMMC. If your TB skin test is positive, proof of a clear chest x-ray or medical clearance is required.
- Flu Vaccine completed within the last 12 months. If your Flu Vaccine expires during your rotation, you can renew the test at AIMMC (October-February).
- Copy of ECFMG certificate (if applicable).
- NPI Number.
- Valid ACLS/BLS card.
- Letter of good standing from Program Director of current residency program.
- Proof of Malpractice Coverage.
- Rotator Application Form
If any of the above mentioned forms are not received in the required time frame, you will NOT BE ALLOWED to start your rotation.
Orientation start times vary for every department. Please contact the appropriate coordinator listed below for the date and start time of your orientation.
The Medical Education Office is located on the first floor of the main hospital, in Room 1312. Should you have any further questions, please contact Laura Daly at phone number 773-296-5944 or e-mail Laura.Daly@advocatehealth.com.