Family Medicine Center
The residency program benefits from Advocate Christ Medical Center's strong commitment to community-based patient care. This commitment is evident in the construction of the Family Medicine Center in Hometown, IL, which opened in December, 2001. With 13,000 patient visits annually, this spacious, state-of-the-art facility promotes practical experience and facilitates didactic education. The center features 16 examination rooms, three procedure rooms, a precepting room and charting area. The facility's two conference rooms, library and resident lounge also make it a comfortable place to attend weekly educational conferences.
Advocate Christ Medical Center is one of the largest medical centers in Illinois and among the leading providers of hospital services in the six-county Chicagoland area. Recognized for sophisticated care and highly skilled physicians, many of whom are renowned in their area of specialization, Advocate Christ Medical Center offers an excellent training environment for resident physicians.
Advocate Christ Medical Center Facilities
Advocate Christ Medical Center offers the most sophisticated technology and state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment capabilities. Advanced techniques used by physicians include robotic surgery for the repair of mitral valve defects, a cool laser used to open blocked arteries and a highly sensitive PET (positron emission tomography) scanner designed to diagnose and examine tumors. Ongoing involvement in leading edge research also allows physicians to offer patients the latest treatment options.
Advocate Christ Medical Center is a leader in cardiovascular services, emergency services, pediatrics, surgical services, neuroscience and women's services. Special facilities and capabilities include:
- Advocate Children's Hospital - Oak Lawn - a premier, comprehensive children's hospital on the medical center's campus.
- Obstetrical services - nearly 4,000 babies are born at Advocate Christ Medical Center each year, one of the highest volumes in Chicagoland.
- Level III perinatal center - provides the most sophisticated care for critically ill children.
- Level I trauma center and emergency services - one of the largest emergency care programs in the state. Advocate Christ Medical Center provides the highest level of care to nearly 780,000 patients each year, including more trauma patients than any other hospital on Chicago's south side.
- The number one heart hospital in northern Illinois - Advocate Christ Medical Center performs more adult open-heart surgeries than any other hospital in the northern region of the state.
Advocate Children's Hospital - Oak Lawn
Advocate Children's Hospital is a 69-bed hospital including a 15-bed pediatric intensive care unit and 9-bed pediatric surgical heart unit. Advocate Children’s Hospital offers top-notch care encompassing over 30 pediatric specialities. Residents who train at Advocate Christ Medical Center diagnose and manage a range of acute and chronic pediatric diseases of all levels of severity. The residents develop competency in managing "bread and butter" cases, as well as unusually and critically ill patients on the inpatient services and critical units, and in the acute care clinic and the pediatric emergency center.
Advocate Health Care
Advocate Christ Medical Center is part of Advocate Health Care, one of the leading integrated health care delivery systems in the country. Nationally acclaimed for quality and patient safety initiatives, Advocate Health Care includes:
- More than 200 sites of care
- Physicians in virtually every specialty
- Eight acute care hospitals
- Two children's hospitals
- Three affiliated medical groups
- 19 health centers
- A home health care company
Advocate Health Care is a non-profit, faith-based organization with more than 24,900 associates and 4,600 affiliated physicians.