Advocate South Suburban Hospital's Ambulatory Surgery Services combines the lastest technology and an expert medical team to provide you ambulatory or outpatient surgery procedures that allow you to return to the comfort of your own home the same day.
If you are already scheduled for a surgical procedure, view our welcome letter for additional information.
Anesthesiologists affiliated with Advocate South Suburban Hospital, nurses and other health professionals are dedicated to you during your surgery. From pre-registration to recovery, we deliver the attentive care and service you've come to expect from Advocate South Suburban Hospital.
Our approach to outpatient surgery focuses on you which is just one of the reasons we receive such high patient satisfaction scores. Our specially trained staff is dedicated to listening and responding to your needs. We answer your questions and give you the information you need to put your mind at ease before and after your surgery. Our skilled nursing staff will monitor your recovery, provide you complete instructions before you are discharged and call you the following day at home to check on your recovery.
About Our Ambulatory (Outpatient) Services
Our outpatient surgery department has many features to make your experience pleasant and successful as possible:
- Patient-friendly reception, registration and waiting areas
- Preoperative testing and a streamlined preadmission registration that allows you to go directly to the outpatient surgery department the day of the procedure
- All Registered Nurse staff to provide preadmission education and care during your procedure
- 8 operating rooms and 14 day surgery beds
Special Procedures include:
- Cataract surgery
- Hernia surgery
- Gynecological procedures
- PPH - hemorrhoid surgery
- Tubal ligations
- Knee & Shoulder arthroscopy
- And many others