Cancer Services at Advocate South Suburban Hospital
At Advocate South Suburban Hospital, we are devoted to fighting your cancer. Our team of compassionate, skilled specialists have experience you can place your trust in. The Board-certified radiation oncologists at Advocate South Suburban Hospital’s Cancer Center face your cancer head-on, using the latest technologies—including advanced 3D imaging technology—to customize your treatment plan.
In addition to our expert treatment, we provide education, support and advance treatment options to help ensure better care and outcomes.
Why Choose Advocate South Suburban Hospital
- At the forefront of radiologic oncology, South Suburban Hospital's Cancer Center offers radiation therapy using state-of-the-art technology typically found only in large medical centers, including brachytherapy, Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) and Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT). Learn more about our radiation services.
- We offer minimally invasive approaches to cancer treatment, including the da Vinci® Surgical System, which dramatically reduces recovery time and the risks of side effects.
- Our Breast Health Center offers the latest advances in early detection of breast cancer such as digital mammography, high resolution breast imaging and biopsy, and other services. Advanced procedures, including Sentinel lymph node biopsy, are used in breast cancer treatment for cancer diagnosis and staging.
- We also offer a number of support programs to help with the emotional impact of cancer diagnosis, treatment and side effects.
- Our team approach provides a continuum of care for all of our cancer patients. The goal of the Cancer Committee and the Cancer Care Team is to develop a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to foster relationships, provide educational venues and assist in clinical, technological, administrative and data management.
Cancers We Treat
At Advocate South Suburban Hospital our oncologists, hematologists and surgeons specialize in treating a range of cancers, including cancer of the:
We also offer patients access to cutting edge clinical trials for the most advanced treatment options available.
Services and Treatments
From diagnosis to treatment, Advocate South Suburban Hospital care for you, the whole person. From advanced medical technology to compassionate, caring support programs, our full range of services include:
- Prevention and early detection
- The newest diagnostic techniques for identifying and staging cancers throughout the body:
- Computer-aided detection (CAD) for mammography
- 64-slice CT scanner
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Inpatient and outpatient surgery
- Inpatient and outpatient chemotherapy
- Lymphedema Program
- Radiation oncology and therapies including:
- 3D Conformal Radiation Therapy
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- CT Scanning & Simulation
- Seed Implants (Low Dose Rate Brachytherapy)
- High Dose Rate Brachytherapy (HDR)
- Accelerated Partial-breast Irradiation (APBI)