An affiliate of the University of Illinois, College of Medicine
Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center is one of four hospitals in the Metropolitan Group Hospitals Residency Program in Surgical Critical Care.
The educational philosophy of the postgraduate program in surgical critical care is a hands-on approach. The cognitive aspect emphasizes the attributes of self-instruction, teaching, skilled clinical analysis, sound surgical judgement and research. The technical component provides the opportunity to acquire the psychomotor skills required for the practice of surgical critical care.
Newly-constructed state of the art 20-bed Surgical Intensive Care Unit
- Urban Level I Trauma Center
- RRC accredited program
- Board eligible/certified required
- Clinical research opportunities
- Work with a full complement of medical students and residents
- Four full-time Surgical Critical Care attending physicians