Obstetrics at Advocate Trinity Hospital
Deliver your baby comfortably, under the care of dedicated experts
With a full range of birth services and a level of comfort and quality right in your backyard, Trinity Hospital is a local leader in obstetrics. Our board-certified obstetricians will work with you and your family to provide a personalized birth experience. You’ll feel safe knowing our high-risk specialists, neonatalogists and nurse practitioners are available to ensure your birthing experience best meets your expectations. Add to that a beautiful unit with private birthing rooms and you have a hospital birthing experience much like a larger institution but with a compassionate, personal touch. From contraceptive management and fertility screening to pregnancy and labor to postpartum education and support, our care team is dedicated to giving mothers and their babies a healthy start.
Why Choose Us for Obstetrics?
- We deliver more than 1,200 babies each year.
- Our hospital was one of three hospitals in the state of Illinois and the only one in Chicago with a program that enhances and improves breastfeeding education at the bedside.
- Level II nursery for critically ill or premature babies
- Our 1:1 nurse-patient ratio provides the best delivery support for high-risk patients.
- Our team of experienced, caring OB physicians will work with you on creating a personalized birthing experience.
- 24/7 OB hospitalists provide around-the-clock support.
- Prenatal classes and baby center tours help you obtain information and answers to your questions.
- An outpatient testing area for high-risk mothers, including those with diabetes, heart conditions and other chronic or emergency conditions
- Monitoring and testing services for expectant mothers including fetal monitoring, ultrasound, amniocentesis, oxytocin challenge testing (OCT) and nonstress testing (NST)
- Private birthing rooms offer ultimate comfort.
- Convenient Southeast side location provides quality right in your backyard.
Our Birthing Services
- OB preregistration
- Comfortable, state-of-the-art private labor/delivery/recovery suites offer privacy and space for family bonding post-partum. Suites also include comfortable recliners for overnight guests
- Private bathrooms, complete with showers, in every suite
- Labor support techniques such as pain management therapies, massage and breathing patterns
- Medical pain treatment options, including epidural
- Perinatal education
- Secure newborn nursery with a nurturing environment, when moms need time to rest
- Lactation services
- Range of classes, including Stork's Nest, to help protect the health of your baby and increase your confidence and preparedness for pregnancy, childbirth and parenthood
- 24-hour in-house anesthesia services, including continuous epidural, for pain management during labor, delivery and recovery
- 24-hour access to laboratory, X-ray and respiratory care services
- Around-the-clock availability of neonatalogists with advanced training in the care and treatment of critically ill or premature infants
Meet Our Care Team
- Our board-certified obstetricians, neonatologists and nurse practitioners are here to assist you. We welcome the opportunity to help you plan your labor and delivery.
- Learn more about our team.
- Experience high-quality, customized birth care at Trinity Hospital. To schedule a tour or make an appointment with an obstetrician, call 1.800.3.ADVOCATE (1.800.323.8622).