Advocate Trinity Hospital offers comprehensive rehabilitation services for patients recovering from serious injury or illness. Specially trained therapists in physical, occupational and speech therapy work with patients to help them return to their optimal functioning level as quickly as possible.
- All patients receive individual treatment plans with customized home exercise programs to speed recovery. For patients whose injuries require more than one type of therapy, our specialists work together to provide a multidisciplinary approach.
- To meet the needs of our multi-lingual community, Trinity has therapists who speak Spanish, Polish and Tagalog.
- Services are available to patients while in the hospital as well as on an outpatient basis.
Physical therapy often is part of the treatment program for people with orthopedic injuries and neurological disorders, as well as those who are recovering from a surgical procedure or accident. Licensed physical therapists provide supervised exercises and activities to help patients regain mobility and strength and restore function. In addition, Trinity has a monthly clinic to provide fittings for prosthesis and orthotics.
Trinity therapists specialize in sports medicine and wound care. Specialized services include:
- Pulsed lavage - a more efficient wound care treatment
- Kinesiotaping - a specialized method of taping to reduce and manage pain.
Occupational therapy helps improve patients' ability to perform daily activities that may be difficult after injury or surgery, such as tying shoes or writing. Trinity's therapist can provide casts and splints for patients' arms and hands.
Speech therapy is provided for adults recovering from stroke. Licensed speech and language pathologists provide diagnostic and therapeutic services, including video swallow studies.
To schedule an appointment, please call 773.967.5221.