Emergency Services at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
Exceptional Care When You Need It Most
Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center is a Level I Trauma Center with a national reputation for excellence and has an Emergency Department that treats more than 40,000 patients each year. We offer the highest level of care when emergencies happen, and we’re ready 24/7 with expert emergency care for adults and children.
Why Choose Us for Emergency Care?
- Experience you can trust: We treat more than 40,000 patients each year and serve as a resource hospital for the City of Chicago's Emergency Medical Services.
- We are a Level I Trauma Center – one of only four in Chicago.
- We offer comprehensive pediatric and perinatal emergency services.
- We are an Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP) by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- Illinois Masonic Medical Center is designated as an Emergency Operations Center to lead the medical response in the event of a local, regional, state or federal disaster.
- Our specialized services include licensed social workers, sexual assault nurse examiners and dentists.
Services and Treatments
Our Emergency Department is equipped 24/7 with the latest technology and staffed with board-certified physicians to handle a wide range of emergencies — from the simplest to the most complex.
- Comprehensive emergency services for children and adults: We treat everything from chest pain and respiratory problems to brain injuries and other major traumas.
- Level I Trauma Center: For critically ill and injured patients, we offer advanced trauma care for problems including:
- Orthopedic trauma
- Neurosurgical/spinal trauma
- Perinatal trauma
- Fast Track care: The Fast Track process helps us treat less serious injuries and illnesses with shorter wait times.
- Specialized services: Patients have access to crisis intervention counselors, licensed social workers, behavioral health specialists, dentists and other professionals not found in most emergency departments.
Serving Our Community
We care about the health and safety of our community. In addition to our emergency medical services, we provide resources and advice to help keep individuals and their families safe and healthy.
Avoid a trip to the ER. Learn more on our Community Safety page.
Meet Our Care Team
Our board-certified emergency physicians are leaders in emergency medicine. With extensive experience and ongoing training, our team is your trusted source for emergency and trauma care.
Learn more about our team.
The Emergency Department entrance is adjacent to the hospital’s main entrance at 836 W. Wellington Avenue. Valet parking is available at the main entrance from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Get a map and directions.
View our campus map.